TeleSwivel® brand hitching systems are made by TeleSwivel, LLC of Durham, North Carolina. We come to work each day to solve some of the toughest towing problems on earth and revolutionize the way you tow.
- Decrease excessive idling: cut fuel and maintenance costs
- Decrease injury causing accidents: cut operating costs
- Decrease opportunity costs: increase revenues
- Decrease lost time: increase productivity
- Decrease carbon emissions: enhance sustainability
What is TeleSwivel®?
A hitch that extends and swivels to give a 25x larger target area to connect the trailer.
- Cuts trailer connection by 4-6 minutes
- Minimizes extended idling
- Reduces injuries caused by lifting trailers
- Reduces equipment damage
We are towing experts. We live to improve towing. We look at hitches and trailers as we drive down the road. We watch how people tow. We stop and ask them questions about towing--what do they like, and what do they hate? We go to trade shows to learn how people tow and what sort of problems they have. We go out in the field to see how soldiers use their equipment. We go to horse shows to see what equestrians need. We work with fleet owners to find out how to improve operations. We are constantly tuned in to people who tow.
Dave Woolf, President and CEO
We are led by Dave Woolf, our CEO. He has assembled a great team of experienced people and oversees a high-energy entrepreneurial environment. He has over 12 years of sales, marketing, and leadership experience and has founded/co-founded three start-ups during that time. Most recently, Dave co-founded a software and services company where he built the sales and marketing operations from scratch, generating multi-million dollar sales in less than two years. Dave's extensive sales experience includes closing and managing multi-year, multi-million dollar, engagements with global Fortune pharmaceutical, financial services, technology and manufacturing companies. During a 14-year Army career, Dave commanded an airborne infantry company during Operations Desert Shield/Storm, taught at the United States Military Academy at West Point, and graduated from the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College. Dave holds a bachelors degree from the US Military Academy, and a Masters in International Relations from the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies.
Bob Lee, VP Sales & Government Relations
Bob Lee is our VP Sales & Government Relations. Born in New York, and a die-hard Yankees fan, Bob served in the Marine Corps in a variety of leadership positions around the world, and founded two leadership consulting firms upon his retirement in 2001, most recently Uncommon Leadership, LLC, teaching essential leadership skills for managers to drive improved employee performance. During his 28 year career with the USMC, Bob served with the U.S. State Department in the Middle East responsible for embassy and consulate security from Bangladesh to Morocco; the UN Truce Supervision Organization in Lebanon; Military Assistant to the Executive Secretary of the Department of Defense; Executive Assistant to the Under Secretary of the Navy; and Principal Advisor to the Secretary of the Navy. Bob also commanded an infantry battalion and was the Commanding Officer of the Marine Corps' Basic School, where the Marine Corps teaches leadership to all newly commissioned Marine Corps lieutenants.
Bob attended the United States Naval Academy and graduated with a Bachelors of Science Degree in Management. He earned his Masters degree from Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies. He has been featured in numerous books and articles on leadership including McKinsey & Company's "War for Talent"; David Friedman's book "Corps Business"; Michael Useem's "Leading Up"; Federal Executive Magazine, Harvard Business Review, Fast Company Magazine and the Marine Corps Gazette.
David DeKarske, VP, Product Development and Operations
David DeKarske is our Vice President of Product Development and Operations. Dave has over 16 years of automotive experience in design, engineering and manufacturing operations. Throughout his career he has garnered an eclectic array of product experience in seating systems, interior trim, fuel systems, NVH components, RFI devices, wire harnesses, injection molding, stampings and high speed assembly automation. He has also successfully launched over a hundred products from conceptualization through validation and SOP. Dave has led several multimillion dollar accounts with multiple domestic automotive OEM's, achieved corporate awards for product innovation during his tenure at Stant Manufacturing, and has successfully established Central American manufacturing operations during his time as Engineering Manager for EMP. Dave attended Ferris State University where he received his Associate Degree in Technical Design / Illustration, a Bachelors Degree in Product Engineering, and is a long standing member of SAE.
TeleSwivel, LLC Snapshot
- Creating high value, high quality, trailering solutions
- Innovative technology recognized with 20+ patents
- Leading supplier of proximity hitch and trailer safety solutions to US Military for 10 years; Battle proven, road ready
- TeleSwivel® products improve Total Cost of Trailering™ for military and commercial fleets
- Continuous product development for full range of trailering solutions
- Working with leading OEMs, up-fitters, and fleet managers to field TeleSwivel® on a wide range of vehicles
Affiliations & OrganizationsTeleSwivel, LLC is a member of the following affiliations and organizations
- SEMA - Specialty Equipment Market Association
- NTEA - National Truck Equipment Association
- ARA - American Rental Association
- NATM - National Association of Trailer Manufacturers
- NAFA - Fleet Management Association
- NATDA - No. American Trailer Dealers Association
- NMMA - National Marine Marketing Association
- LTAA - Light Truck Accessory Alliance
- CVSA - Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance
- STAFDA - Specialty Tools and Fasteners Distributors Association
- AEM - Association of Equipment Manufacturers
- NCNLA - NC Nursery and Landscape Association
- AUSA - Association of the United States Army
- AGC - Associated General Contractors
- NDIA - National Defense Industrial Association
- TCRA - U.S. Army Transportation Corps Regimental Association